Building 5, level 3
Suzana Kralj was born in 1997 in Varazdin, Croatia. In 2016 she started her bachelor’s degree education at the University of Zagreb, Faculty of Chemical Engineering and Technology (FCET). In September 2019 she obtained BSc. degree in Chemical Engineering with Cum laude honors. The same year she proceeded with master studies at University above. During her studies, she participated actively in different activities, such as: attending conferences and seminars, volunteering as a junior researcher, and was a Teaching Assistant for three courses. Added to that, she spent six months as an Internship student in the Erasmus+ program at the University of Twente (UT), The Netherlands. She graduated as an MSc. in Chemical Engineering at the FCET in September 2021, again, with Cum laude honors.
In January 2022 she started her PhD journey as a part of M3 Lab, led by prof. dr. Monica Morales-Masis at the UT. Her current research focus is on the vapor-phase deposition of thin-films, mainly charge transport layers and transparent conductive oxides, their characterization (e.g. structural, optical, electrical), and application in perovskite solar cells. She is currently a Visiting PhD Student at KPV Lab at the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
Perovskite Solar Cells, Charge Transport Layers, Transparent Conductive Oxide, Physical Vapor Deposition Methods
1. T. Soto-Montero, W. Soltanpoor, S. Kralj, Y. A. Birkholzer, Z. Remes, M. Ledinsky, G. Rijnders, M. Morales-Masis, Single-Source Pulsed Laser Deposition of MAPbI3, IEEE 48th Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (PVSC), 2021, Pages 1318-1323
2. J. Macan, F. Brleković, S. Kralj, A. Supina, D. Gracin, A. Šantić, A. Gajović, Soft chemistry synthesis of CaMnO3 powders and films, Ceramics International, vol. 46, no. 11 A, 2020, Pages 18200-18207
3. J. Macan, A. Havliček, S. Kralj, I. Panžić, M. Čeh, A. Gajović, Calcium manganite coatings from chemically synthesized powders, Proceedings from the 14th Multinational congress on microscopy, 2019, pages 472-474
Croatian Society of Chemical Engineers (CSCE)
- Rector's Award for Community service work in the academic and wider community (Sep 2021) “Smart fume hood - student entrepreneurial project” University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
- 3% of the most successful students in the study (Sep 2021) University of Zagreb, Faculty of Chemical Engineering and Technology (FCET), Zagreb, Croatia
- Best Poster Award - 18th Ružička Days - "Today Science - Tomorrow Industry" (Sep 2020) Croatian Society of Chemical Engineers (CSCE), Vukovar, Croatia